ApeX Products Made in USA/ All Products Carry a Lifetime Guarantee / Have a Question, Call: 201-688-0499

If It Were Not for Women/Dating, Would Men Shower?

Man or woman, at one time or another that question has crossed your mind. Additionally, I am sure that you can think of several men in your personal or professional circle who fall suspect to this speculation.

Before digging any deeper, let’s get one thing out of the way: Would women shower if it were not for dating/men? Easy answer, yes, of course they would. In fact, not only would they continue with the same personal hygiene regiment, they would also continue doing their hair, nails, make up and anything else they felt would add to their beauty. Why, because, they enjoy being and feeling beautiful, not just for men, but for other women, children and maybe most importantly, themselves.

Okay, back to the men, before making a S.W.A.G. about the frequency of me n showering, lets make a couple of assumptions: First, we are speaking to the general male population making up approximately 95% of the me in in the US. The remaining 5% are men who do embrace and appreciate good hygiene and take advantage of all the great products available to men today. Second, MEN ARE MEN, no matter what demographic they fall under: skin color, religion, sexual orientation or net worth. Whether residing in a big city, middle of a cornfield, or the over 60% of men who live in the suburbs. White-collar, blue-collar, green-collar or no-collar, as a population most of us as men naturally gravitate towards ring around the collar.

Point and case, women spend an average of 20-30 minutes in the shower, where men in contrast spend an average of 3- 5 minutes in the shower in order to properly check that box. Truth is, if nobody’s watching and we don’t suspect being asked “Did you even wash?” our showers would fall between 60-90 seconds. Oh, and men who are showering for longer than 5 minutes, it’s no secret what we are doing with those extra minutes.

How can there be such a big time discrepancy in showering between men and women? Well, outside of men’s general lack of enthusiasm, when women shower they treat each area of their body uniquely by using products made specifically for each body part i.e. shampoo, conditioner, body soap, body moisturizer, apricot scrub, shaving cream for legs, pumice for heels and elbows etc. In contrast, men use shampoo and soap. In fact, outside of brushing teeth, soap for many men (primarily the 40% of men who are balding by age 40) is the catchall; it serves as shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, moisturizer and cologne.

Taking all the points mentioned into consideration and understanding if women and dating were extinct, men would probably shower every 3 days. Why 3 days? Simple, we suspect that if not for women, men would be eating more red meat and hunting a lot more. Ask any hunter and they will tell you how difficult it is to get close to a deer while smelling of 3-day stale sweat and BO. How does this relate to dating? Perfectly. It shows us that it might work in our favor to do a little more than the bare minimum. Like we always say, when a woman pays particular attention to her nails, eyebrows, or habits in the shower, guess what she will observe when looking at you?

Remember, when it comes to women and dating, cleanliness is next to godliness.


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published